Optimus™ DGA Monitor OPT100
Optimus™ DGA Monitor OPT100
Finally, the world’s first maintenance free DGA requiring no consumables of any kind.
• No carrier or calibration gases
• No columns
• No filter wheels
How is this possible?
Through the use of Vaisala’s patented non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) technology and patented vacuum gas extraction system we are able to achieve the best long term stability, reliability, and measurement performance on the market all with no false alarms and nothing to service or maintain.
•The Optimus is shipped fully assembled and ready to be installed quickly - see our Quick Start 6-step Guide
•The Optimus uses a simple to use built in web based UI, no proprietary software to deal with – see the video below
•Interested in seeing an animation on how the vacuum gas extraction and IR technology operate - see the video below
Vaisala Infrared Technology - a system built to work in any environment
With over 25 years of experience designing and manufacturing IR sensors in our own in-house cleanrooms, we´ve proven our technology to work in the most extreme tempreratures and environments on the planet.
Vacuum Gas Extraction
Unlike all other DGA's on the market that use a headspace gas measurement which only accounts for approximately 30% of the gas in oil, Vaisala's proprietary vacuum gas extraction method actually uses the oil level as a piston to drive roughly 95% of the dissolved gas out of the oil. What's more, this method is independent of oil temperature, age, or type.
Computer and Comms - Proven Electronics
The Vaisala purpose built computer has a long history of success in weather applications around the world. A browser based interface means there is never any software to install or maintain on your servers.
Utilizing non-proprietary software means the OPT100 is compatible with any monitoring system on the market. We understand that DGA is just one piece of the overall deployment.
Standard communication protocols include MODBUS and DNP3.
The system was designed with modularity in mind such that should a component ever need to be replaced, it could easily be swapped out in the field. No need to ever send the unit back for service.
Power Supply - Separate High Voltage for Safety
The power supply is separated from the main cabinet to provide for a safe working environment. This cabinet also holds the three configurable relays.
This means any work on the main cabinet is in safe environment. This also reduces the complexity of any maintenance work that needs to be performed.
Robust Mechanics - Built to last
Each and every component in the OPT100 was extensively tested to reach expected 15 years lifespan. We used only stainless steel and marine grade aluminum for our components. We selected the most reliable magnetic gear pump on the market as opposed to a traditional diaphragm pump that contains seals which can fear out.
Using a fully hermetically sealed system with no venting to atmosphere we've created a completely seasled system eliminating any external source of contamination that could cause measurement interference or long term drift.
"In the not-so-far future, online DGA monitors will be deployed as standard equipment on all large transformers. This will open the door to automated monitoring of the grid and ultimately the development of smart grids with computer-assisted decision making."
- Dr. Michel Duval, internationally renowned leader in the field of DGA, and inventor of "Duval's Triangles and Pentagons".
Vaisala DGA monitoring covers the following gases:
- Hydrogen H2
- Carbon monoxide CO
- Carbon dioxide CO2
- Methane CH4
- Ethane C2H6
- Ethylene C2H4
- Acetylene C2H2
- Moisture H2O
- Sensor optics are protected from contamination
- Vacuum gas extraction is independent of oil temp, pressure, and oil type
- Unique autocalibration mechanism erases long-term drift
- IR sensor technology designed and optimized in Vaisala cleanrooms for exceptional measurement performance
- Spectral scanning gives better gas selectivity
- Excellent signal/noise ratio means no data averaging
- Hermetically sealed structure means no leaks
- Monitor tolerates vacuum and pressure variations
- No consumables to replace or service
- IP66-rated and temperature controlled housing withstands harsh conditions
- Stainless steel and aluminum components and piping
- Magnetic gear pump and valves
- Ready-to-connect complete system can be installed in less than two hours
- Browser-based user interface means no additional software needed
- Continuous real-time monitoring with no averaging allows trending, analysis, and correlation to load patterns
- Self diagnostics enable self recovery after disturbances
- Mains power is isolated in separate enclosure for user safety
- Supplied with standard DNP3.0 and MODBUS communication protocols, thus allowing easy deployment within existing communications and SCADA networks