In this 1-hour webinar with Vaisala, Liquid Measurements’ Pharma Industry Expert Juha Paldanius and Application Engineer Daniela Kokkonen, we present real customer cases on how in-line process refractometer can be used as a PAT tool for standardizing and scaling-up APIs production. The participants will learn how RI measurement technology is commonly applied in pharmaceutical reaction, separation and purification, solvent swap, and crystallization operations – first in laboratory and pilot scales and finally in full-scale commercialized production.
API manufacturers are more increasingly moving towards continuous manufacturing and advancing the PAT framework, which guides the pharmaceutical development, manufacturing and quality assurance. PAT also promotes the adoption of real-time measurements throughout the entire process. The ability to understand and continuously measure and control parameters, such as Refractive Index (RI) or liquid concentration can contribute significantly to more efficient development and manufacturing of the APIs.
As an added benefit, the scalability of the K-PATENTS® RI technology helps the drug manufacturers to streamline development and improve product reliability throughout the complete process analysis.
- Review in-line process refractometer and RI measurement technology.
- Learn how APIs production process, i.e. pharmaceutical reaction, separation and purification, solvent swap, and crystallization operations, can be developed and scaled-up using RI measurement as a PAT tool.
- Key factors to consider when selecting in-line pharma instrumentation.
This Webinar is of Interest to
- Pharmaceutical companies that make Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients APIs (specialty chemicals that have a disease-curing value).
- Pharma companies that plan Process Analytical Technology PAT implementation project and/or plan to increase their production capacity.
- Principal scientists
- R&D managers
- PAT development engineers and managers
- Process engineers