Vaisala is a stable, sustainable, and globally operating company headquartered in Finland. As the technological leader in its field, Vaisala aims for long-term growth as well as globally leading position in weather, environmental, and industrial measurements by responding to different megatrends and investing in research and development.
The company’s series A shares have been quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki stock exchange since 1994. Vaisala’s target is to maintain high solvency and to pay a stable dividend which will increase in line with net profit development.
Vaisala ranks fifth out of 13,650 global companies in an ESG evaluation by Sustainalytics, a company focused on sustainability analytics of listed companies. Additionally in 2021, Finnish private investors voted Vaisala as the most sustainable Finnish stock-listed company.
• Leading technologies in environmental and industrial sensing with most accurate and reliable instruments, algorithms, and software
• Clear market leadership position in key products, high customer satisfaction, estimated total market size 3 billion EUR
• High continuous investments in R&D (2021: 55.3 MEUR or 13% of net sales)
• New technologies
• New products, applications, and digital solutions that leverage latest technologies, platforms, as well as business models based on recurring revenue
• Expansion into new customer segments and geographical regions
• Vaisala is a global player in its relevant markets with representatives in more than 100 countries
• 2021 geographical net sales split: 34% Americas | 33% APAC | 33% EMEA
• Several customer segments in governmental and private sectors
• High-mix–low-volume business model
• Sales growth does not require capex: related annual capex around 10 MEUR
• Potential for productivity improvement with volume growth
• Enable investing in growth and long-term business development
• Strong cash conversion rate (2021: 1.6)
• Solvency ratio 57.2% (2021)
• Gearing -12.0% (2021)
• Aim to distribute a stable dividend which will increase in line with net profit development
• Dividend per share for the last five years paid at the average rate of 87% on earnings and the average effective dividend yield of share 2.9%
• Technologies, products, and digital solutions that enhance customers’ decision-making and development of operations and that contribute significantly to solving global challenges related e.g. to climate change, resource efficiency, and well-being and health
• Very low ESG risk: in the evaluation by Sustainalytics, Vaisala’s ESG risk score is 4.9 which is defined as negligible.
• Member in several sustainability networks, such as Climate Leadership Coalition, UN Global Compact and Caring for Climate initiatives, as well as the RE100 initiative encouraging use of renewable energy