Vaisala is a stable, sustainable, and globally operating company headquartered in Finland. As the technological leader in its field, Vaisala aims for long-term growth as well as globally leading position in weather, environmental, and industrial measurements by responding to different megatrends and investing in research and development.
The company’s series A shares have been quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki stock exchange since 1994. Vaisala’s target is to maintain high solvency and to pay a stable dividend which will increase in line with net profit development.
Vaisala ranks fifth out of 13,650 global companies in an ESG evaluation by Sustainalytics, a company focused on sustainability analytics of listed companies. Additionally in 2021, Finnish private investors voted Vaisala as the most sustainable Finnish stock-listed company.
• Leading technologies in environmental and industrial sensing with most accurate and reliable instruments, algorithms, and software
• Clear market leadership position in key products, high customer satisfaction, estimated total market size 3 billion EUR
• High continuous investments in R&D (2022: 62.4 MEUR or 12% of net sales)
• New technologies
• New products, applications, and digital solutions that leverage latest technologies, platforms, as well as business models based on recurring revenue
• Expansion into new customer segments and geographical regions
• Vaisala is a global player in its relevant markets with representatives in more than 100 countries
• 2022 geographical net sales split: 37% Americas | 31% APAC | 32% EMEA
• Several customer segments in governmental and private sectors
• High-mix–low-volume business model
• Sales growth does not require capex: related annual capex around 10 MEUR
• Potential for productivity improvement with volume growth
• Enable investing in growth and long-term business development
• Strong cash conversion rate (2022: 0.5)
• Solvency ratio 58.2% (2022)
• Gearing 3.2% (2022)
• Aim to distribute a stable dividend which will increase in line with net profit development
• Dividend per share for the last five years paid at the average rate of 81% on earnings and the average effective dividend yield of share 2.6%
• Technologies, products, and digital solutions that enhance customers’ decisionmaking and development of operations and that contribute significantly to solving global challenges related to climate change, resource efficiency, and well-being and health, for example
• Very low ESG risk: in the evaluation by Sustainalytics, Vaisala’s ESG risk score is 9.7 which is defined as negligible
• Vaisala is member of the RE100 initiative and used 100% renewable electricity. Furthermore, Vaisala is committed to set Science Based Targets for emissions reduction