As our understanding of how moisture movement in transformers improves, so does the evolution of how we measure it and what it means to life of the asset. As a continuation of last year's webinar entitled "Understanding Moisture Dynamics in Power Transformers", in this presentation we will review some of the fundamentals covered previously but also discuss new topics and share new data and insights gained from recent field test results.
In this webinar you will learn about:
- Moisture in Transformers background – where does it come from and what effect does it have?
- New Data on the Moisture Exchange between Cellulose and Oil
- Moisture Hysteresis and the Moisture "Cloud"
- Correlating Online Moisture in Oil Measurement to Cellulose Moisture
- Benefits of Online Drying of Transformers
- Best Practices for Moisture and Hydrogen Monitoring
Steven Jiroutek is the Business Development Manager for Industrial Measurements at Vaisala, Americas. With over 14 years of experience at Vaisala, he oversees the business and strategy development for targeted industrial applications with specific focus on condition based monitoring of high voltage assets. He is responsible for identifying strategic partnerships and defining the measurement, technology and product needs of the markets. Steve holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of New Hampshire.