Solar Time Series and Prospecting Tools
Our online tools allow you to explore bankable solar resource data across the globe. Now you can efficiently prioritize sites and better understand long-term resource variability by quickly comparing multiple high-quality datasets - all within your web browser.
Vaisala has made it easier than ever to access high-quality global solar data for resource assessment. Our online tools provide access to five global datasets, updated monthly, for one low annual price. Use our online Solar Time Series Tools to quickly visualize and order time series.
- Global coverage
- Spatial resolution of 2 arc minutes (approximately 3km)
- Based on nearly two decades of satellite data with continual updates
- Validated using independent measurements from ground stations worldwide
- Online delivery for web tools
- REST API delivery available for data feeds
Vaisala was the first to produce a high-resolution global solar dataset, offering the industry a blueprint for development. Our uniform methodology offers consistent results, enabling more accurate point-to-point comparisons. The dataset is based on historical satellite imagery and cutting-edge technology offering nearly two decades of hourly GHI, DNI, and DIF values as well as other key weather variables. Our approach is widely supported by a large scientific and research community and draws on a combination of in-house research and algorithms published in peer-reviewed scientific literature.
Today we deliver our clients the highest quality data for locations around the world by maintaining five different versions of our global dataset. These datasets vary by aerosol data input and the model employed since these factors have a significant influence on data accuracy in different regions of the world. Now whether you are developing a project in California, India, or Australia you can compare multiple sources to better understand uncertainty and select the most accurate resource data.
Solar Time Series and Prospecting Tools Packages
A one-month subscription, allowing you to access the Solar Prospecting Tools and Solar Time Series Tools for up to one month and download up to two time series. This subscription is ideal for the project developer who wants quick access to bankable solar resource data for one or two locations.
- Global interactive color map
- 10-year Annual average GHI, DNI, DIF
- 10-year Monthly average GHI, DNI, DIF
- Unlimited downloads of annual and monthly data in CSV format
- All prospecting tool features, plus:
Hourly data are available for the following fields:
GHI, DNI, DIF
Temperature, Pressure, Precipitable Water
Wind Speed and Direction
- Long-term data (16+ years) or Typical Meteorological Year files available
- 5 different bankable irradiance algorithms to choose from
- Global coverage at a 3km spatial resolution