Download Free Vaisala Resource Maps
Vaisala 3TIER-Services makes its wind, solar, and hydro resource maps broadly available to illustrate the potential of renewable energy around the globe. The maps are regularly published for a wide variety of media, academic, governmental, and commercial purposes. The maps are based on the latest science and technology available, and they are rendered in a way that is both intuitive and aesthetically appealing. As a result, they are rapidly becoming "the standard" for renewable resource maps.
Commercial use by for-profit companies does require specific permission. However, permission is generally offered at no cost unless you require a custom or non-Vaisala branded map. To request permission, please contact us.
Other non-commercial users may download the maps below at no cost. Vaisala grants you indefinite license to use and republish the maps under the following terms:
By downloading a free resource map, you acknowledge that:
Vaisala retains all rights, title, and interest in the information provided by the maps and the map images, including copyright, and all other intellectual property rights;
- Vaisala reserves the right to revoke your license at any time;
- The images may not be visually altered in any way, either to the map image, or to eliminate or obscure the Vaisala logo;
- The copyright notice (e.g. Copyright (c) 2015 Vaisala) must also be displayed in close proximity to each map image, but it may be included in a caption if the size of the map image makes the included copyright notice unreadable;
- You may not resell the images or otherwise use them for commercial gain.
* To save a .JPG, right-click on the link and select 'Save Link As'.