Airports need to manage ramp and runway operations no matter what the weather, AviMet DSS is an aviation weather decision support system that provides an all season observation, alerting, and forecasting solution. Runway Weather Information System (RWIS) data is intelligently combined with measurements of the water content of snow/ice from a Vaisala installed Liquid Water Equivalent (LWE) Weather Station to better understand when to treat runways during winter weather events. During severe weather events, Vaisala’s National Lightning Detection Network (NLDN) or Global Lightning Dataset (GLD360) data are used to issue alerts for ramp evacuations. There is no need to purchase additional equipment. Vaisala installs our LWE Station, provides the lightning data, handles all servicing, and provides you access to the data through our cloud-based software.
Giving you Observational Intelligence to manage weather disruptions
Keeping airlines, cargo carriers, and passengers happy while following aviation authority rules and regulations is a challenging job! Then weather always impacts your airport making life even more of a challenge. Questions you need answers to:
- When will you need to call in crews and contractors?
- When to pretreat the runways and taxiways?
- Once underway, what to do to keep runways open and equipment moving?
- When to evacuate crews off the airfield due to lightning?
- When to resume normal operations safely and quickly?
- Makes accident reporting and compliance with safety organizations (U.S. OSHA) easier
AviMet DSS is Growing With Your Airport
The latest sensor technologies and observational intelligence will allow for new features to regularly be added to AviMet DSS, ensuring you are able to manage weather disruptions!