If you want to know what the weather was in a certain location at a certain date in the past, the Weather History API gives you the answer. Make queries based on coordinates, and the feed will provide you the observational data of the day. The standard response includes both daily summary values and hourly values. The Weather History API provides observational weather information from the past by showing measured weather parameters in a certain location at a specific date.
The API delivers all the measured weather parameters as both daily summary values and hourly values. The queries can be made based on a given day and coordinate point. The API will respond with observational data from the nearest relevant weather station or from weather forecast model data (augmented observation) in JSON format. Augmented observations are provided when the closest weather station with sufficient observations is too far away to give representative information.
The weather history service includes measurements from the following official weather stations.
- SYNOP stations, mainly reported from the ground or seas worldwide. Includes records from 1st of January 2009
- METAR stations, mainly reported in airports worldwide. Records from 1st of January 2011
- Augmented observations for all SYNOP and METAR locations from approx. mid-January 2016.
- Augmented snow depth observations from 9th February 2016.
The following parameters are available in one-hour time steps.
- Temperature (°C)
- Dew point (°C)
- Relative humidity (%)
- Wind speed (m/s)
- Wind gust (m/s)
- Wind direction (degrees)
- Wind direction name
- Visibility (meters)
- Pressure (hPa)
- Feels-like temperature (°C)
- 1h accumulated precipitation (mm)
- Symbol text
- Weather symbol
- Fog (binary value)
- Rain (binary value)
- Snow (binary value)
- Hail (binary value)
- Thunder (binary value)
- Tornado (binary value)
Daily Summary Parameters
The daily summary parameters, the average, minimum and maximum values are based on the hourly observations of the day.
- Accumulated snowfall, 24h (cm)
- Accumulated snowfall, month to date (cm)
- Accumulated snowfall, since last July 1st (cm)
- Snow depth (cm)
- Average temperature (°C)
- Average dew point (°C)
- Average pressure (hPa)
- Average wind speed (m/s)
- Average wind direction (name)
- Average wind direction (degrees)
- Average visibility (m)
- Average relative humidity (%)
- Maximum temperature (°C)
- Minimum temperature (°C)
- Maximum relative humidity (%)
- Minimum relative humidity (%)
- Maximum dew point (°C)
- Minimum dew point (°C)
- Maximum pressure (hPa)
- Minimum pressure (hPa)
- Maximum wind speed (m/s)
- Minimum wind speed (m/s)
- Maximum visibility (m)
- Minimum visibility (m)
- Accumulated precipitation, 24h (mm)
- Most occurred precipitation type (rain, hail, snow, mixed) or "no precipitation"