Wind Time Series and Prospecting Tools
Vaisala's online wind data provides easy access to important resources for the wind project developer.
The Wind Prospecting Tools allow you to efficiently prioritize sites according to wind resource. An easy-to-use, interactive map allows you to zoom in on a selected location and view annual mean wind speeds, annual mean wind roses, wind speed distribution, and monthly mean wind speeds at several different hub heights.
During wind project development, the Wind Time Series Tools give you quick access to bankable long-term reference wind resource data. Using a map controller, choose your location, time period, hub heights, and the data sets you want to access. View them graphically and download them from the website. With an annual subscription you can download as many time series as you want per year (up to 1000). Our one-month subscription is an affordable way to access just one or two time series.
Wind Time Series and Prospecting Tools Packages
A one-month subscription, allowing you to access the Wind Prospecting Tools and Wind time Series Tools for up to one month and download up to two time series. This subscription is ideal for the project developer who wants quick access to bankable wind resource data for one or two locations.
- Global interactive color map
- 10-year annual average wind speed for three hub heights: 20, 50, and 80 meters
- 10-year annual average wind rose for three hub heights: 20, 50, and 80 meters
- 10-year Weibull parameters for three hub heights: 20, 50, and 80 meters
- 10-year graphically represented monthly average for three hub heights: 20, 50, and 80 meters
- All prospecting tool features, plus:
- Download up to 1000 data files
- Data is available for the following additional parameters:
50m - 200m wind speed
50m - 200m wind direction
Air temperature at 2 meter height