The Vaisala AviMet® Automated Weather Observing System (AWOS) training course is for regional, national and international airports maintenance and technical personnel who will be using, maintaining, calibrating, or troubleshooting an AviMet AWOS system.
When and Where
Vaisala AWOS Sensor Maintenance Training 11 - 13 June, 2019 will be held at the Vaisala Oyj, Customer Training Center, Vanha Nurmijärventie 21, 01670 Vantaa, Finland
Telephone #: +358-9-89491
Who This Course Is For
This hands-on practical training is for any maintenance personnel who is responsible for the sensors and instruments in the Vaisala AWOS system. The course is held in English.
The training is specifically designed to maximize the amount of practical hands-on experience.
- It focuses on ensuring that you learn real life tasks and skills that are needed back in your day-to-day operational environment.
- You will learn practical preventative maintenance techniques that help you ensure the AWOS system functions to its full capability.
- Essential troubleshooting skills will ensure that any problems are sorted out as soon as possible, to minimize any system downtime.
- We encourage practicing on real sensors in a safe environment at all times, under the guidance of product experts.
- The training provides a forum for exchanging tips on best practices between the product experts and your fellow students.
Additionally, we are going to utilize a so-called blended training method to include an eLearning platform with some pre-course training material (videos etc. in English) prior to the training so you can familiarize yourself with the basic theory and principles beforehand. This will allow you to concentrate on hands-on practical training in Helsinki.
As the course is hands-on, we have limited the number of attendees to fifteen (15). Please sign up as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
The course will be held if we have total 10 persons registered by Monday 15th April, 2019. We are going to send you the confirmation for your participation latest Tuesday 23th April so that you can confirm your bookings (flights, accommodation, etc.)
At the end of this course there will be a short exam showing that participants will be able to:
- Determine the cause of failure of the specified sensors
- Identify and replace failed modules
- Troubleshoot problems that may occur with the specified sensors and instruments
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on these particular instruments and sensors
The 3-day AWOS Sensor Maintenance Training consists of:
- Introduction to Vaisala (including factory tour)
- AWOS sensor overview
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of the following sensors and instruments:
- Ceilometer CL31
- Visibility Sensor FS11 and Present Weather Sensor FS11P
- Transmissometer LT31
- Hydromet System AWS310 (including pressure, humidity, temperature and wind sensors)
- Lightning Sensor TSS928
- Course summary & presentation of certificates
The price of this 3-day training course is:
- 1540€ per person
All registrations received on Friday the 15th of March, 2019 at the latest as an "EarlyBird" and/or for any additional person from your organization we will grant you a 15 % discount. This fee covers training, lunches, drinks and snacks during the training and daily transportation (one in the morning and one after the training day) between Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna and Vaisala. There will also be a tour of the Vaisala facilities in Vantaa and certificates will be issued at the end.
Please note that the trainees bear their own costs for travel tickets and accommodation.
Accommodation and local transportation
We have negotiated room rates for delegates at the Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna of 143 €/std single room/night (incl. breakfast and tax) and 163 €/std double room/night (incl. breakfast and tax).
Original Sokos Hotel (OSH) Vaakuna
Tel: +358 20 1234 600
The hotel is conveniently situated just in the heart of Helsinki, next to the Central Railway Station. There is a train connection from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport almost to the door (end stop) of the hotel. The cost is 5Euros (one-way) to be paid at the airport before entering the train. The train trip takes approx. 30 minutes.
To book the accommodation please send an eMail or call the hotel’s direct line at +358 20 1234 600 and mention the Vaisala Room Block booking – “BVAISALA” - and the room rate. Or you can book the room online by giving the reservation code BVAISALA. This rate will be available until the 10th of May, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
Cancellation Policy/Replacement Courses
Vaisala reserves the right to alter or cancel published dates and change venues without liability. In the event of a cancellation where an alternative cannot be provided, fees received in respect of that course can be refunded in full.
The following charges apply if you cancel:
- 60+ days before a course = no cancellation charges apply
- 40-59 days before a course = 20% of the course fee.
- 20-39 days before a course = 30% of the course fee.
- 10-19 days before a course = 50% of the course fee.
- 0-9 days before a course = 100% of the course fee.
We guarantee to offer a full refund or replacement course if the attended course did not reflect the current published description. If the claimant is requesting a replacement course the replacement course must occur within 90 days of the original course date. All claims must be made in writing within 10 working days of the attended course date to [email protected].