Biogas production provides enormous opportunities for both people and the planet. However, plants still suffer from inefficiency. It is estimated that the average biogas plant could have a substantially better yield when performing optimally. The answer to solving this is better measurement. Vaisala has launched the first ever 3-in-1 measurement probe, which is very easy to install and use. Are you ready to put the pedal to the metal and accelerate your bio-engine?
From Waste to Value
Biogas production is an organic process, which means it is inconsistent. The better you can monitor your entire process and react to these inconsistencies, the more efficient it becomes.
Get more value out of waste: improve CH4 concentration and biogas quality through timely actions based on stable online measurement.
Reduce Operating Costs
For most biogas plant manufacturers and integrators, it is critical to protect the CHP (combined heat and power) engine from excess moisture during the process to avoid corrosion and breakdowns.
- Prolong the replacement interval of active carbon filters by keeping the humidity conditions within specifications
- Prevent the CHP engine from wear and shutdown due to wet gas – an engine out of operation is costly
- Know your gas quality better
Right there. Right now. In-line.
The key feature of the Vaisala MGP261 is its superior ease of use. Automatic calibration and no sampling equipment needed. Just a better process.
- Only probe which measures CH4, CO2 and H2O
- Auto-calibration reduces expensive calibration work significantly
- Heated probe tolerates high humidity
- Corrosion resistant material with durable filter
Install with ease
- Easy to install in situ
- Fits to any existing system
- Ex certified
- Integrates with the distributed control system
Ease of operation
- Light and robust design
- No sampling or moisture removal needed
- No pumps or gas calibration cylinders
Learn the benefits of continuous in-line methane and moisture measurement in the biogas process, as well as how to improve biogas plant revenues and efficiency while cutting downtime and repairs to a minimum.
Join an interesting, interactive webinar on February 27th, 2019 at 2-3 PM GMT.
This eGuide is a comprehensive yet compact introduction to measurement as the key to success in biogas production. Download now and utilize tips from our experts to improve your business.
Sensing a Sustainable Future
Vaisala has extensive experience in measurement in the harshest possible conditions, from Earth to space. We are known for our expertise in humidity measurement, which accelerates many industries, including the biogas industry.