Humidity sensors – do you know what's inside?
If you don't know, perhaps you should. If you don't know how your humidity sensor works, how can you know that you are using the right humidity instrument? The right instrument for your application, the right instrument for your industry, the right instrument for compliance, or the right instrument for your product?
The best place to start when you are trying to figure out if the humidity sensor you are using is the right sensor for your application, is to ask your sensor manufacturer: "What type of technology does this sensor use?"
The second best is to familiarize yourself with the technology so you can understand how humidity measurement works...
To help, we offer 1-hour webinars on humidity:
- a brief history of humidity sensors
- the effect of contamination and condensation on sensors
- the differences in sensing film - capacitive & resistive
- links to humidity tools and references (conversion formulas, online/offline calculator)
- Displacement Sensor
- Sling Psychrometer
Electrical properties of thin film sensors
- Bulk Polymer Resistive Sensor
- Capacitive Sensor
Dew point/Frost point Temperature Sensor
- Aluminum Oxide Dewpoint Sensor
- Chilled Mirror
Plus... What else do you have to consider when choosing a sensor?