Vaisala Thunderstorm Warning System TWX300 uses real-time lightning information from Vaisala’s scientifically validated lightning detection networks in combination with on-site electric field mills to monitor approaching thunderstorms and those that may develop overhead.
Operations and safety managers rely on Vaisala Thunderstorm Warning System TWX300 to support safety goals, improve operational efficiency, and eliminate the subjective nature of ceasing activities due to lightning in the area of concern. TWX300 is designed for working environments that are most vulnerable to the hazards of lightning and need up-to-the second 24/7 lightning tracking, and automated lightning warnings including:
- Explosives testing
- Mining and blasting operations
- Munitions depots
- Sporting facilities
- Outdoor events
Features and Benefits
- Diagnostic replay to analyze past events and improve operational efficiencies
- Lightning density display mode
- Email notification of warnings and all clears
- Time-controlled email notification and relay settings
- Auto-screen image capture to distribute display information on an Intranet
- Alarm file viewer for a visual timeline of warnings
- Supports Vaisala’s secondary data format for use of total lightning information
- Track cloud-to ground and/or cloud data approaching and leaving the area of concern
- Measure electrostatic field levels for reliable monitoring of lightning development overhead
- High-resolution GIS mapping from MapInfo®
- Create multiple warning areas of any size or shape
- Automatically triggers alarms and all-clears throughout facility
Up to 7 on-site Vaisala Electric Field Mills can be added to monitor overhead lightning potential. Vaisala Electric Field Mills measure the actual electrostatic charge in the local atmosphere to show when conditions are ideal for lightning to occur.
Remote Alarm Displays
Vaisala Remote Alarm Displays (RADS) display the warning levels in red, amber, and green LED arrays and sound 90 decibel audio alarms throughout a facility.