The TLD100 and TLD200 resides on a single or multiprocessor server. It includes the Vaisala lightning database software license. The TLD100 and TLD200 utilizes a powerful, open source, object-relational database system by PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL has proven architecture that has earned a strong reputation for reliability, data integrity and correctness.
TLD100 and TLD200 supports:
- Archive lightning location data to Vaisala FALLS (TLD200 only)
- ODBC-compliant applications and other Vaisala FALLS server software (may require additional hardware)
Hardware Minimum Specifications
TLD100 and TLD200 module includes a reliable server with the following
- One or more x86_64 compatible CPUs, 2 GHz or faster
- 4 internal hard drives, each 500GB or larger. Server should accept more than 4 HDs for future growth
- 16B of RAM (TLD100) or 32GB of RAM (TLD200)
- Server should support future RAM growth to 96GB
- Hardware RAID controller that supports RAID 5
- USB ports
- 2 NIC Ethernet ports (100/1000Mbps)
- DVD+RW burner
- VGA Monitor supporting 1280x1024 resolution
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) version 5 Server Software license (64 bit ed.)
- RHEL5** compatible modem
*Please note: Computer hardware is subject to change. In case of evolution of an item, an equivalent or better item will be provided.
** RHEL5 release at 5.5 or greater
*** The environmental specifications are equal to the HW specifications by default. The following specifications are subject to change without notice based on hardware availability.
- Operating Temperature +10 ºC to +35 ºC (50 ºF to 95 ºF)
- Storage Temperature -40 ºC to +65 ºC (-40 ºF to 149 ºF)
- Operating Relative Humidity 20 % to 80 % non-condensing (non-condensing twmax= +29 ºC)
- Storage Relative Humidity 5 % to 95 % non-condensing (twmax= +38 ºC)
- Operating Altitude -16 to 3,048 m (-50 ft to 10,000 ft)
- Storage Altitude -16 m to 10,600 m (-50 ft to 35,000 ft
Scalable number of simultaneous users
- Supports simultaneous real-time and archived data access
- Access to archived data based on date/time, latitude/longitude, and range/azimuth queries
- Base configuration supports on-line storage for one billion strokes or flashes
- Simultaneous flash or total lightning and stroke data access support
100 to 240 VAC; 47to 63 Hz; 0.4 kVA
Training and after-sales support services are available for
maintaining optimal network and processor performance.
Contact your Vaisala Sales Representative for service agreement information.