The Vaisala Surface Patrol Pavement Temperature Sensor is a mobile temperature sensor used to detect possible freezing temperatures on the pavement. It features a noncontact infrared sensor for measuring pavement temperature, and also measures air temperature. The easy to- use Surface Patrol is valuable for large agencies, such as Departments of Transportation, all the way down to smaller companies with only a few trucks. The Surface Patrol pavement sensor is mounted outside your vehicle and continuously monitors road surface temperatures, providing instant feedback on road surface conditions. The Surface Patrol has a separate air temperature sensor and cabling so that it can be placed away from direct sunlight for accurate readings. The data retrieved from the Surface Patrol is accurate and real-time, making it a reliable method for collecting pavement information.
The Surface Patrol can be calibrated in the field, ensuring you are always getting
the most accurate readings. In addition, the pavement probe features a cone
design to protect the sensor from spray and winter elements that can decrease
the accuracy of the readings.
- Repair Services Vaisala repair services include fault tracing and repair or replacement of failed components, as well as final testing to ensure your equipment is functioning properly. Repairs can be carried out on site or at one of our service centers.
- Spare Parts Get rapid access to the spare parts you need to maximize the uptime of your equipment and ensure reliable and accurate operation. In addition to standard spare part delivery, we also offer an express service where parts are shipped within one business day.
- Warranty All Vaisala products and services are covered by a 12-month warranty as standard, with selected products covered for up to 24 months. During this period you benefit from free repair or replacement of faulty equipment. With Vaisala’s extended warranty, you get free repair or replacement for five years.
- Next Generation Communications for Your Road Weather Station (pdf, 796KB)
- DSP100 Datasheet (pdf, 340KB)
- DSP100 Datenblatt auf deutsch (pdf, 279KB)
- DSP100製品カタログ (pdf, 210KB)
- DSP100 Ficha técnica en español (pdf, 229KB)
- DSP100 Fiche technique en français (pdf, 262KB)
- The Road to Efficient and Cost-effective Winter Road Maintenance (pdf, 75KB)
- McHenry County, Illinois Takes Leadership Role in Adding Innovation and Efficiency for Winter Weather Roadway Operations (pdf, 36KB)
- Franklin County, Ohio COMBATs Winter Weather While on the Move (pdf, 34KB)
- Transportation and Moisture: What is the Point? (pdf, 117KB)