Meteorological Solutions Worldwide
Vaisala Thunderstorm Electric Field Mill EFM550
Vaisala Thunderstorm Electric Field Mill EFM550 integrates with Vaisala local-area, real-time lightning systems to monitor the development and dissipation of overhead lightning threats by measuring the local atmospheric electric field. EFM550 data can be displayed using optional Vaisala ALARM Automated Lightning Alert Risk Management Software to show current electric field measurements numerically and graphically.
The EFM550 integrates with local-area, real-time lightning information systems:
- Vaisala Thunderstorm Lightning Warning System TWX300
- Vaisala Thunderstorm Sensor TSS928 with Vaisala ALARM Automated Lightning Alert
||+/- 5% of reading offset +/- 50 v/m|
||RS-232 (8 bit binary, 1200 baud)|
||Fixed 2/sec message rate|
||+/- 10 kV/m, max.
|Operating/Storage Temperature Range
|-10 °F to +115 °F|
(-23 °C to +46 °C)
||0% to 100%|
| Brushless; 25,000 hours MTBF|
||4-twisted pair, 24 AWG min|
||100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz; or 20-30 VDC|
||Multi-stage transient protection|
||Consumption 2.3 watts|
flat mounting surface.
- Hardware included for convenient mounting to a vertical pipe or
to mounting surface.
- Minimum 6.0 in.(15.2 cm) clearance from bottom of junction box
head and mounting surface.
- Maintain a minimum of 18.0 in.(45.7 cm) area clear between mill
Support Services AND Standard Warranty
|Training, technical support, spare parts and service agreements|
are available for maintaining optimal sensor performance. Vaisala
warrants all products manufactured by Vaisala to be free from
defects in workmanship or material for one year from the date
of delivery. Contact your Vaisala Sales Representative for specific
support services and product warranty details.
- Warranty All Vaisala products and services are covered by a 12-month warranty as standard, with selected products covered for up to 24 months. During this period you benefit from free repair or replacement of faulty equipment.
- Service Center Repair If your instrument requires repair.