President and CEO
Vaisala’s President and CEO is appointed by the Board of Directors. The President and CEO is responsible for the everyday management of the company in accordance with the guidelines and instructions given by the Board of Directors, and informs the Board of Directors of the development of the Company’s business and financial situation. The President and CEO is responsible for ensuring that the company’s accounting is legally compliant and that its financial affairs have been arranged in a reliable manner. The President and CEO is the Chairman of Vaisala’s Management Group.
The President and CEO is the Chairman of the Management Group. The Management Group comprises six members. The Management Group meets once a month to assist the President and CEO in developing the strategy, implementing the strategy, managing operational business, as well as preparing matters handled by the Board. The Management Group draws up annual operational and financial plans as well as goals related to these plans, monitors the implementation of the plans and prepares major investments and acquisitions. The President and CEO is responsible for the decisions taken by the Management Group. Members of the Management Group are responsible for implementing the decisions in their own areas of responsibility.
Members of Vaisala’s Management Group are heads of business areas, the Chief Financial Officer, the Executive Vice President of Operations and Human Resources.
Members of the Management Group
- Kjell Forsén, President and CEO, chairman of the Management Group
- Sampsa Lahtinen, Executive Vice President, Controlled Environment Business Area
- Kaarina Muurinen, Chief Financial Officer
- Vesa Pylvänäinen, Executive Vice President, Operations
- Marja Happonen, Executive Vice President, Human Resources
- Jarkko Sairanen, Executive Vice President of Vaisala Weather Business Area