Pasi brings 25 years of airline operations experience to Vaisala,
currently working as the Lead Consultant for the company's Airport &
Airline Winter Operations products and services.
Prior to Vaisala, Pasi was the Process Owner for De-Icing and Fuel in Ground Operations for Finnair. His experience includes:
- managing aircraft winter operations at 50 airports across the globe
- writing company winter and fueling procedures
- winter operations training
- implementing remote de-icing operations, including training
- managing the outsourcing of de-icing operations to a third party
- 5 year successful project to reduce de-/anti-icing fluid consumption
- extensive studies on de-/anti-icing fluids
- ‘holdover time’ testing in real winter conditions to verify fluid performance and safety
addition, Pasi has has been a member of the Association of European
Airlines (AEA) and the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE-G12)
aircraft de-icing working groups for 10 years.