Accounting for Weather in Solar Project Financing
In a recent PV magazine interview, Vaisala's solar expert, Gwendalyn Bender, answers important questions about the industry's key challenges related to:
- The role of solar plant energy yield forecasts in financing
- Conservatism of energy forecasts and its impact on financing terms
- Steps developers can take to reduce uncertainty and the cost of financing
- Current state-of-the-art solar energy assessment techniques and accounting for climate change
Click here to read the full interview.
For more on these topics, please join us for next week's webinar:
Reducing Solar Performance Uncertainty
Solar performance uncertainty is a fact that hounds utility-scale PV developers worldwide, especially in the pre-construction financing phase. How can you improve your odds and be sure you aren't leaving money on the table?
In the last webinar in a series hosted by PV Magazine, we will take a deep dive into the steps developers can take to increase their chances of getting a PPA or financing agreement on favorable terms. Our experts will cover choices such as equipment, EPC provider, and resource assessment techniques.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Lauren Ngan, Product Manager at First Solar, a leading module manufacturer and utility-scale project developer and operator
- Gwendalyn Bender, Head of Solar Product Development at Vaisala, a global weather measurement and energy assessment specialist