- Updates multiple times per day
- 0-6 day projection
- 1 hour granularity
Additional Forecast Information
- P10 and P90 exceedance probabilities
- Six months of historical forecasts and actual production
- Flexible display for side-by-side comparison of Vaisala and Public forecasts with actuals
- Consistently beats public forecast in CAISO SP-15 zone
- Mean Average Error: Public 6.5% vs. Vaisala 5%
- Mostly Clear Day Detection: Public 77% vs. Vaisala 83%
- Mostly Cloudy Day Detection: Public 14% vs. Vaisala 83%
- CAISO SP-15
- CAISO ZP-26
- CAISO NP-15
Forecasting tools are available via a client-specific, dashboard interface and downloadable data files are delivered in multiple formats (CSV, XLS, and XML) to allow easy integration with your own analysis tools and programming software. In addition, we offer an API option for faster integration of downloadable forecast data, which can also be provided through data aggregation service partners.
Aligned with Vaisala's commitment to using state-of-the-art, proven, and transparent methods, our regional solar forecast system is a combination of publicly available global and regional weather forecasts, high resolution surface data, and highly customized mesoscale numerical weather prediction (NWP) models. The result is an aggregate solar forecast converted into real world values of hourly power generation in megawatts. Where aggregate power data is publicly available, Vaisala will incorporate observations to deliver statistically corrected power forecasts.