Computer requirements for FALLS Client
||2.1 GHz Intel Pentium 4, Intel Xeon, Intel|
Core Duo, or AMD Athlon equivalent
Windows 7 Pro, Windows XP SP3
||Recommended - 2 GB or higher|
||5 GB of available space: 850 MB for install, up to 50 MB of disk space may be needed in the Windows System directory (typically C:\\Windows\System32), 3GB of available space to be allocated for swap, temporary files, and saved analyses|
||24-bit capable graphics accelerator card|
1280 x 1024, 32-bit color,
Minimum 1024 x 768, 32-bit color
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher
DVD is required to install FALLS, but not to run it
Computer requirements for FALLS Server
The FALLS® Server resides on a single or multiprocessor server. It includes the Vaisala lightning database software license.The FALLS® Server utilizes a powerful, open source, relational database system by PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL has a proven architecture that has earned a strong reputation for reliability, data integrity and correctness.
Hardware Minimum Specifications
- Internet connectivity is a must for installation (T1 speed is recommended)
- Tower or rack mount form factor
- One (1) or more physical CPU’s, x86_64 compatible, 2 GHz or faster. Dual-core or better.
- Four (4) or more internal hard drives, each 500 GB or larger.
- A minimum of 3 disks configured as RAID 5 and one disk as a hot spare to the RAID set.
- 32 GB minimum RAM
- Two (2) USB 2.0 ports or more
- Two (2) NIC ethernet ports (100/1000 Mbps)
- DVD +RW burner
- Red Hat Enterprise 5.5 Operating System Software 64-bit edition
- RHEL5** compatible modem
* Computer hardware is subject to change. In case of evolution of an item, an equivalent or better item will be provided.
** RHEL5 release at 5.3 or greater.
Additional specifications are provided on the product datasheet (see Documents tab).