Improve Reliability with Vaisala FALLS®
Vaisala FALLS (Fault Analysis and Lightning Location System) is user-friendly software that allows utilities and wind farm operators the ability to quickly determine if lightning has affected an asset. Whether you decide to own your own FALLS Server, or simply run the FALLS Client version of the software, you can quickly analyze events and access historical lightning data for both near-real time and past occurrences. FALLS software allows you to be proactive in your approach to determining damage caused by lightning.
In addition, to being proactive, the software provides the ability to quickly and easily perform fault correlations on an event-by-event basis, obtain statistics concerning the number of lightning events or magnitudes for design, and evaluate lightning challenges to a line or area for input to maintenance prioritization.
Vaisala FALLS is used by 80% of the top revenue-generating electric utilities in the United States. It is also incorporated into the operations of electric utilities in 15 countries worldwide.Features and Benefits
- User-friendly software
- Data loads quickly saving you time
- Execute other tasks while the analyses run in the background
- Base map is easy to change, and you can have more than one open for studies
- Easy to add and create new assets
- Save as many studies as you need for review later
- Displays only the data you want so that you can focus your efforts and work efficiently
- Access to over 20 years of historical lightning data using Vaisala TLD100 and TLD200
- Linux-based platform is widely used and accepted, it has a strong reputation, and is a robust system for collecting and analyzing data